From the design of traditional advertising and branding to digital media, BA Graphic Design combines creativity with technical skill, exploring how to visually communicate messages and ideas effectively and inventively.
Why study BA Graphic Design at Middlesex University?
Our BA Graphic Design degree prepares, educates and inspires the creative designers of the future. The course has been developed to embrace recent changes in the creative industries including technological advancements. We offer enjoyable challenging projects with wide ranging outcomes and the flexible structure of the course will encourage you to challenge the boundaries of graphic design practice. You will have the freedom to develop your own creative voice guided by an enthusiastic staff team and supported by fantastic facilities.
Throughout the course we focus on communicating ideas and information through exciting problem solving projects in branding, magazine design, typography, information design, advertising and publicity, editorial design, packaging, exhibition design, editorial photography and art direction, moving image and digital media.
You will explore computer design programmes, materials, print processes, conceptual thinking and the use of design to inform, present an argument or persuade, solve visual communication problems to a professional standard, and work on briefs that closely mirror the professional world.
Our students are identified by leading design organisations such as D&AD, RSA and ISTD as among the best graduates nationally, winning numerous awards. Graduates of this course have gone on to work for magazines, design consultants, advertising agencies and media providers all over the world.
- Our outstanding facilities include photographic studios, state-of-the-art digital printing, studio and lab computers, traditional darkrooms, workshops with technical support and an extensive art and design library
- You will learn directly from high-profile professionals. Designers who have lectured here include David Carson, Jonathan Barnbrook, Angus Hyland from Pentagram and Sir John Hegarty from BBH
- We have good staff-to-student ratios and our lecturers are all practising graphic designers and illustrators who teach using project introductions, demonstrations, seminars, group and one-to-one tutorials
- Excellent industry links; many of our students undertake placements at top design companies in their second year
- At the end of your degree you will exhibit your work at our Art and Design Degree Show, showcasing your talent to creative industry employers
- As a student of this course you’ll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.